Who We Are:
The First Year Peer Coaches in the Welcome & Connect Center are committed to increasing your success through best practices that welcome, guide and engage students. The team focuses on creating relationships with students to guide them through the steps to successful enrollment, troubleshoot any potential roadblocks to success, and connect students with campus activities and resources. After helping you with campus processes, resources, and technologies, we continue our partnership with you to further develop your skills.
The skills we coach:
- Test-taking skills
- Note-taking strategies
- Study Skills
- Time Management
- Effectively using campus resources
- Test anxiety
- Managing procrastination
- Goal setting & motivation
- Communicating with Professors
- College Stress Management
About First Year Peer Coaches:
First Year Peer Coaches are high achieving SRJC students who have been selected based on their:
- Academic achievements
- Interest in helping their peers achieve similar success
- Ability to understand skills, strategies, and techniques to being successful in college.
We help students:
- Develop SMART Goals
- Create student action plans
- Enhance students success skills
- Help students get priority registration
- Host Peer to Peer Workshops and Discussions
- Connect students to campus and community resources
What can I expect?
Once you've booked an appointment online, you meet one-on-one with a coach in the Welcome & Connect Center on the Santa Rosa Campus. During your first meeting, you and your coach will establish your needs and you will both get to work on a Student Success Action Plan.