Office Location: Fall 2021, Working Remotely
As a Student Success Specialist II at SRJC for the last 3 years going back to the fall of 2016, I coordinate and oversee our First Year Peer Coaches in the Welcome & Connect Center. Our mission is to welcome, guide, and engage all new students and help them connect with campus resources, and return for the next semester. I have worked in higher education in different capacities for almost 10 years, earning a Bachelor’s of Arts in Philosophy from Sonoma State University. I currently supervise 15 peer coaches, and am involved with coordinating the overall peer coach program, as well as daily supervision, training, & quality control. Our Peer Coaches receive extensive training, with a Certified Peer Educator training provided by NASPA, ongoing campus resource and policy training, in addition to training on peer coaching, boundaries, customer service, and much more. We ensure our peer coaches set goals with their students and then follow up to make sure the students are staying on track to meet those goals. SRJC students who engage with peer coaches have shown a 15-20% increase in their persistence and retention. I am only one of the many countless people working every day to make our school and our students successful!
In my free time, I like to be outdoors, whether in the mountains, at the beach, or just walking my dogs in the neighborhood. I also enjoy traveling with my wife, Lindsay, reading, and spending time with family and friends.
- Scaling the First Year Peer Coach program to the Santa Rosa Campus in the Welcome & Connect Center
- Partnering with other district Student Success Teams to improve student outcomes and increase student engagement and participation on campus
- Member of Integrated Student Success Committee working to leverage cross departmental knowledge to further student success across the district
- Classified Senator representing Assessment, Scholarship, Financial Aid, Veterans Affairs
- Supporting Students with the use and functionality of the MySRJCApp
- Administrator for Student Appointments and Records System (SARS)
- Supporting Students understanding of placement changes related to AB 705 and Guided Self Placement
- Reporting on district-wide efforts related to Student success and matriculation