Office Location: Plover Hall Room 531
Since the age of 15, I have worked in various non-profits programs targeted to help at-risk youths break down barriers and close education gaps. I truly enjoyed working with youths, especially preschoolers because I got to help 3, 4, and 5 years old get excited about education! As a result of my love for working with youths, I attended Saint Mary’s College of California, where I earned a Bachelor’s of Science in Psychology with a Child/Adolescent Development Concentration.
After working at various Head Starts, where I planned and implemented lesson plans in multiple subjects to prepare children for school readiness, I joined Santa Rosa Junior College in 2014 as a STNC and transitioned to a Student Success Specialist role in March 2016.
Although I worked mostly with youths during my earlier career, community college students have always been near and dear to my heart because most of my high school friends spent over 7 years at a community college before they earned their Associate’s Degree and transfer. The launch of the Welcome & Connect Center has been an exciting time for me as I get to support first-year college students in their pursuit of higher education.
This past summer, I was part of a team that created and implemented Santa Rosa Junior College's first SRJCReady – a three-day summer bridge program designed to help students get a jumpstart at SRJC. As a Student Success Specialist, I will continue to be an advocate for students who are struggling in college through breaking down barriers and creating a more equitable college experience for all students.
My current areas of oversight/projects includes the following:
- Designing, managing, and ensuring the Assessment and Welcome & Connect websites are ADA compliant
- Managing and maintaining multiple budget programs
- Processing & monitoring purchase requisitions and invoices
- Designing brochures, posters, and other marketing materials to support the Welcome & Connect Center implementations
- Overseeing various clerical and administrative support tasks (ex: travel requisitions, employees reimbursement, PAF’s, etc.)
- Serving as an initial contact for counselors and staff about AB 705 technical and non-technical questions
- Assisting with the refinement of English, math, and ESL placement processes
- Supervising the Front Desk/Reception operations in the Welcome & Connect Center
- Coordinating, designing, and implementing promotion plan to increase Financial Aid and Admission Workshops attendance