Office Location: Plover Hall Room 531
I have had the pleasure of serving California Community College students in various capacities since 2004. In each of my roles, I have always found myself working toward the efforts of student retention. I recognize the decision to start college at any age and point in life is a big one, and I believe it is our job to continually support students in their decision to pursue a higher education. The launch of the Welcome & Connect Center has been an exciting time for me as I get to return to this area of focus in my work by providing onboarding and retention services to students of SRJC with a particular focus on high-touch and high-tech strategies.
Yosemite Community College District:
Financial Aid Specialist & Veterans Coordinator 2004-2013
Instruction Office (BSI, scheduling/load oversight, curriculum, administrative support of Academic Senate) 2013-2015
Adjunct Business Administration Instructor 2014-2015
Interim Director of Access, Retention and Support Services 2015-2016
My current areas of oversight include the following:
- Math, English and ESL placement processes
- Ensuring online learners have access to student services
- The coordination of selection and implementation of shared student service technologies
- MySRJCApp implementation, administration, oversight & user training (Join me!)
- The Welcome & Connect Center for drop-in services, onboarding, and first year retention programs
- Co-manager of Innovation Grant
Below are current projects of interest I am working on. If you would like to collaborate, or learn more, let’s connect!
- Coordination of mass texting and email protocol for student services
- Process of continuous improvement of the student’s experience of AB705 math & English placement processes
- Development of first year retention programming framework & coordination of Success Team case management tool.
- Partnering in the development of Success Team dashboard needs
- Partnering in the development of the Innovation Grant Toolkit which will disseminate the practices of scaling a coaching program to CCC’s
- Refining math placement practices/process for dual enrolled students, and communicating as applicable
- Partnering in the development of MySRJCApp protocol for social features
- Partnering in the development of ESL Guided Self-Placement pilot
- Consolidation of summer and welcome week programming for first year students